The Massachusetts HE 1A license covers: Derricks / lattice cranes
This course is a self-paced study guide, which allows you to review the material as many times as necessary until your exam date. Our exam prep courses have been utilized by thousands of professionals for years with tremendous success.
The state exam is subject to change at any time, and we are constantly updating our study materials to make sure they are in line with current exam questions. We have several systems in place to alert us with new or changing exam questions. Our curriculum includes practice quizzes after each section, as well as an entire section focused on questions that have appeared on past exams.
Our customers also have the opportunity to enjoy Electronic Application Submission and Discounted D.O.T. Medical Cards, options not offered by any other provider. Learn about these benefits and more below.
Course Details & Benefits:
A $25 discount will automatically apply in your shopping cart as part of our special sale pricing. This discount cannot be combined with any other offers.
One very common misconception is that MA Hoisting Exam Prep courses are approved by the state. This is not true; only continuing education courses require approval. So when you take an exam prep course, you cannot be sure that you are getting a complete curriculum, and believe us, there are a lot of areas to cover. Our affiliation with Mass Hoisting Training, Inc. proves we offer a thorough and comprehensive curriculum which covers everything you will see on the state exam. This is your career, and not the time for you to gamble on the cheapest option. You can feel confident our study materials cover everything you need.
When you choose AtLeisureLicense.com, you choose to prepare with confidence:
- Training school-of-choice by thousands of construction professionals
- Leading state exam pass rates
- Updated/current study material
- Highlighted areas of focus (see features below for more information)
- Practice quizzes (see features below for more information)
Our commitment to you is unparalleled:
- If you don't pass the state exam after studying with us, we give you continued access - free of charge - to the Exam Prep course.
- If you don't pass the state exam a second time (which has never happened with one of our students): we'll refund you the cost associated with your Exam Prep course (excludes state application/exam fees). Click here for more info.
Electronic Application Service: We don't just enroll you in a prep course and send you on your way ... you have the option to have us manage your state license application process for a small processing fee of $5. We are the only place on the internet offering electronic application submission to the state of MA. Click here for more info.
MA Hoisting License holders are required to hold a current D.O.T. Medical Card; a service which many physicians charge between $125 - $150. We've teamed up with several physicians across the state to offer this service for only $65; a service only being offered through "At-Leisure"! Scheduled on our site, choose between several convenient locations across the state of MA.
To learn more about this benefit, click here.
Our Exam Prep courses feature highlighted areas of focus (based on information the state has concentrated on in past exams) and practice quizzes at the end of each chapter. The state exam is subject to change at anytime, and so we have several systems in place to keep current with the latest exam questions being asked by the state.
Note: We always encourage complete review of our Exam Prep courses (highlighted areas, quizzes, and all other sections) - as the state exam is subject to change at any time.
Access your course at any time, and experience our state-of-the-art, custom built Learning Management Software (LMS). To learn more about our LMS, and what it will be like taking our online class, click here.
Access your account and complete your course(s) from any Internet-enabled device, any time, any place.
Some of our competitors only grant you 30 days access to your course. When you enroll in our Exam Prep courses, you gain more than enough time to study (4 months, to be exact). However, should you need more time, we'll make it happen! Our world-class customer support team is standing by to ensure your experience is as positive as it can be.
You don't need to be a computer expert to use our platform. Our entire site was built with the comprehension that "ease of use" is rule number one. Still, you may decide you want some help, and we are a quick phone call away. We receive a LOT of positive feedback for our customer support, so rest assured, you're in good hands.
The state exam is a written exam comprised of about 30-40 multiple choice questions; you must score a 70% or better. Exam questions are a combination of regulatory and equipment specific topics. What sets us apart from our other training providers is that we don’t simply send you state law documents and charge you for it (these documents are free, by the way). Instead, we provide you with comprehensive study materials that prepare you for all sections of the state exam. So you are essentially studying the "CliffNotes" for the state exam.
To apply for a MA Hoisting Engineering License, you must submit an application to the MA Department of Public Safety (or, we can do it for you, per our "Electronic license application assistance" option).
- The Mass DPS will receive and process your application, and schedule you for an upcoming exam. During "normal" processing times, new license applicants typically receive an exam date in the month following when they applied (ex: application submitted in June, exam date provided in July).
- The Mass DPS will mail you (to the address provided on your application) exam details (date/location) about 2 weeks prior to your scheduled exam date.
- A list of exam dates and locations can be found here.
- You must achieve a 70% or better on a given exam in order to obtain the associated MA Hoisting Engineering license. If you score below a 70%, you must wait 60 days before you are allowed to retake the same exam.
If you've applied for a MA HE License and are curious about your application status, there are a few things you can do:
- Check the Mass.gov License Verification portal and search by first/last name. If your name appears with the designation "pending," it means your application has been processed and you should soon receive details (mail) on your upcoming exam date/location.
- Check with your bank. Has your application check been cashed by the Mass DPS? If so, they've received and have processed (or are processing) your application.
- As a last resort, call the Mass DPS to inquire about your status (617.727.3200). Before calling, please remember the process of applying and then sitting for a MA HE license exam typically takes at least a month.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Safety - Hours of Operation: (Mon-Fri / 8:45am-5:00pm):
- Call (508) 820-1444 to report all hoisting-related accidents.
- All other Mass DPS calls: (617) 727-3200.