COMING SOON! This is a self-paced course, which allows you to complete the material at your leisure! State-approved by the State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors to meet continuing education requirements; completion of this course results in immediate access to your certificate, which may be printed or submitted electronically to the state.
Check out a complete list of the course details and benefits below.
Course Details & Benefits:
- Energy Standards and Best Practices
- Lead Safe Practices
- Reading and Understanding Plans
- Reading and Understanding Trade Specific Plans
- Managing and Communicating with Clients
- Basic Project Management
- Basic Scheduling Concepts
- Recognizing Environmental Hazards
This course was written by an industry expert and has received excessive praise by past customers for being highly engaging and informative. Our author is a nationally recognized lecturer on construction related topics and has authored several books, training/education programs and white papers. His construction experience and knowledge of the industry qualified him to be the 2010 president of the Builders Association of Greater Boston. He is also a Neutral for the American Arbitration Association where he hears construction related disputes. For more information on Wayne J. Del Pico, please visit his website, www.wjdelpico.com.
Upon completion of the course, your certificate is immediately available for download.
Some continuing education providers require you to pass a test at the end of the course - we do not. So relax! You're about to embark on the easiest course experience possible.
Our website was built on one foundation: ease of use! We didn't integrate a random course player from a 3rd-party. Instead, our software is custom built to offer you the best user experience possible. To catch a glimpse of our course player, and learn about its benefits, click here.
We didn't take the cheap route; we paid for a professional reader in a studio to provide you with optional audio narration. No computer voice. No echo. Just a soft, pleasant voice to read to you, if you choose.
Don't have time to finish your course(s) in one sitting? Don't worry about it. Our "bookmark" feature will automatically save your progress down to the exact location - so all you have to do is click "resume" when you're ready to continue on.
Access your account and complete your course(s) from any Internet-enabled device, any time, any place.
Some of our competitors only grant you 30 days access to your course. When you enroll in our continuing education courses, you gain more than enough time to complete your course (4 months, to be exact). However, should you need more time, we'll make it happen! Our world-class customer support team is standing by to ensure your experience is as positive as it can be.
Renewing your license can sneak up on you, leaving you to rush to complete your continuing education at the last minute. We have a solution for you; our license management tools! Free with your account, simply add your license expiration date, and choose when you want to be notified. Our system will automatically notify you that your license is coming due for renewal. Choose between email and/or text notification.
You don't need to be a computer expert to use our platform. Our entire site was built with the comprehension that "ease of use" is rule number one. Still, you may decide you want some help, and we are a quick phone call away. We receive a LOT of positive feedback for our customer support, so rest assured, you're in good hands.
Courses are not timestamped. Try us out, and if you are not satisfied with the experience, you will receive a full refund as long as you have not completed the course!
An applicant for renewal of his or her residential license must have completed 3 hours of acceptable continuing education each year for a Residential Basic license and 6 hours of continuing education each year for a Residential Light Commercial license, with a year being July 1st through June 30th.
Failure to complete all hours of mandatory continuing education shall serve as grounds to deny the renewal of a license and may also result in disciplinary action being taken against a licensee.
GA Rule 553-12-.03 states that online and correspondence courses may not exceed 50% of the continuing education hours required.
Residential Basic licensees must complete at least three (3) hours of continuing education each year for a total of six (6) hours per renewal period. Licensees can complete 50% of these hours (a total of three (3) hours per renewal period) online. Residential Basic licensees can choose from one of the following 3-hour courses:
- Georgia Residential Contractor: 3 HR Continuing Education - Option 1 (covers 2009 International Building Code, 2009 International Residential Code, OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry)
- Georgia Residential Contractor: 3 HR Continuing Education - Option 2 (covers Workers’ Compensation Insurance Requirements, Basic Contract Content and Development, Managing Contracts and Invoicing, Managing and Motivating Employees, Identifying and Mitigating Project Risk, Basic Construction Estimating Practice)
- Georgia Residential Contractor: 3 HR Continuing Education - Option 3 (covers Energy Standards and Best Practices, Lead Safe Practices, Reading and Understanding Plans, Reading and Understanding Trade Specific Plans)
- Georgia Residential Contractor: 3 HR Continuing Education - Option 4 (covers Managing and Communicating with Clients, Basic Project Management, Basic Scheduling Concepts, Recognizing Environmental Hazards)
Residential Light Commercial licensees must complete at least six (6) hours of continuing education each year for a for a total of twelve (12) hours per renewal period. Licensees can complete 50% of these hours (a total of six (6) hours per renewal period) online. Residential Light Commercial licensees can choose from one of the following 6-hour courses:
- Georgia Residential Contractor: 6 HR Continuing Education - Option 1 (covers 2009 International Building Code, 2009 International Residential Code, OSHA -Standards for the Construction Industry, Workers’ Compensation Insurance Requirements, Basic Contract Content and Development, Managing Contracts and Invoicing, Managing and Motivating Employees, Identifying and Mitigating Project Risk, Basic Construction Estimating Practice)
- Georgia Residential Contractor: 6 HR Continuing Education - Option 2 (covers Energy Standards and Best Practices, Lead Safe Practices, Reading and Understanding Plans, Reading and Understanding Trade Specific Plans, Managing and Communicating with Clients, Basic Project Management, Basic Scheduling Concepts, Recognizing Environmental Hazards)
*****IMPORTANT NOTICE - IT'S TIME TO RENEW*****
Licenses expire on June 30, 2018.
RENEW ONLINE NOW by visiting https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/mylicense in order to expedite the process. Renewals are not complete until all documents have been received and processed. You should check the Board's website to see if your renewal has been approved. A new expiration date indicates that your renewal has been approved. Effective July 1, 2012 the Professional Licensing Boards Division no longer prints and/or mails courtesy hard copies of blue wall licenses and pocket cards to licensees free of charge. Licensees may download free of charge an electronic version of the professional license. To access the electronic version of the professional license, a licensee may access his online license record at https://plbprint.sos.state.ga.us/printlicense/. Licensees wishing to obtain pocket cards may order them via our license renewal website at https://secure.sos.state.ga.us/mylicense/. Sign in using your User ID and password, then select "Order Pocket Card" from the left side menu. A $25.00 charge will apply for all pocket card orders.
Residential Basic and Residential Light Commercial:
- An application for renewal of a license, via mail or online, must be accompanied by a renewal fee as set by the Board and attestation of continuing education hours as required by the Board.
- The biennial renewal fee, set by the Board, is due and payable by June 30 of even numbered years. Any continuing education hours acquired to renew that license during the penalty period may not be used again during the next renewal cycle.
- A penalty fee as determined by the Board shall be applicable to any applicant renewing his or her license after June 30 and through December 31 of the renewal period.
- An applicant for renewal of a license, via mail or online, must answer questions relating to his or her or company's insurance and financial state along with other questions pertaining to any applicable laws.
Failure to renew a license within the six months late renewal period ending December 31 of the renewal year shall have the same effect as revocation of the license. They may apply for reinstatement of the license by submitting a reinstatement application with a reinstatement fee established by the Board.
The reinstatement of any license shall be at the sole discretion of the appropriate division and such division may deny the license or approve such license with any conditions it may deem necessary, including but not limited to the retaking of the licensure examination.
If the reinstatement application is submitted more than 5 years after the expiration date of the license, the applicant shall submit the required fee and meet all current qualifications for an applicant for a new license, including examination, in addition to any other conditions required by the appropriate division.
Rule 553-12-.04 Controls and Reporting
Continuing Education records for Georgia Contractors must be maintained by each licensee and program provider for two (2) years following the end of the biennium and must be submitted to the Board by the licensee or program provider upon request.