This course is for those seeking a MA Temporary Permit to operate a Skid Steer ONLY through an approved ARAM Rental Facility. The MA Temporary Permit is a non-renewable permit issued to operate Compact Hoisting Machinery, which is Hoisting Machinery with a manufacturer’s listed gross vehicle weight not exceeding 8,000 lbs. Hoisting Machinery that requires a Class 1, Class 3 ,or Class 4 Hoisting Machinery License, as listed in 520 CMR 6.10, are excluded. Permits have a duration of 14 days, and may ONLY be issued for rented equipment from approved ARAM Rental Facilities. Click here to find an approved ARAM Rental Facility. Not all ARAM locations are approved. Before purchasing this course, please contact your selected rental facility to obtain your rental store code. Your certificate will not be issued without this code.
Course Details & Benefits:
Upon completion of the course, your certificate is immediately available at the rental store of your choosing. At the end of your course, simply select the store code provided to you from your approved ARAM vendors, and your certificate will be sent to their facility as soon as your course is complete.
Please note: Certificates are no longer emailed to the customer.
Our website was built on one foundation: ease of use! We didn't integrate a random course player from a 3rd-party. Instead, our software is custom built to offer you the best user experience possible. To catch a glimpse of our course player, and learn about its benefits, click here.
Don't have time to finish your course(s) in one sitting? Don't worry about it. Our "bookmark" feature will automatically save your progress down to the exact location - so all you have to do is click "resume" when you're ready to continue on.
Access your account and complete your course(s) from any Internet-enabled device, any time, any place.
You don't need to be a computer expert to use our platform. Our entire site was built with the comprehension that "ease of use" is rule number one. Still, you may decide you want some help, and we are a quick phone call away. We receive a LOT of positive feedback for our customer support, so rest assured, you're in good hands.
- The temporary permit is valid for 14 consecutive days only
- No person shall be issued more than one (1) temporary permit in a 45-day period
- Temporary permits may include all three equipment types, as long as they fall within the 14 day period
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle
- Before you begin the course, you must obtain a rental store code from an approved ARAM Rental Facility. If you do not have one, contact your rental facility, or click here to find an approved ARAM Rental Facility.
- The online course can be taken at any time, and may be completed at your leisure.
- Upon completion of the course, you will be prompted to submit your rental store code. This will immediately send your certificate to the rental facility.
- Many of the fields on your certificate will be left blank. This is intentional, as the rental facility will complete the certificate on site the day of your rental.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Safety - Hours of Operation: (Mon-Fri / 8:45am-5:00pm):
- Call (508) 820-1444 to report all hoisting-related accidents.
- All other Mass DPS calls: (617) 727-3200.