This course will provide an overview of workplace violence, ways to recognize warning signs, and policies and processes that an organization can undertake in order to potentially prevent or respond to an incident involving workplace violence.
After completing of this course you should be able to:
- Define workplace violence.
- Identify a variety of types of workplace violence.
- Identify several warning signs of potential workplace violence.
- List a variety of workplace violence prevention strategies.
- List both employee and managerial responsibilities with respect to reporting and responding to workplace violence.
- Describe methods of post-incident recovery.
- Describe best practices for responding to an active shooter scenario.
This course covers the following topics:
- What is Workplace Violence?
- Workplace Violence Triggers
- Workplace Violence Prevention Strategies
- Responding to (Workplace) Threats
- Post-Incident Recovery
- After Action Reporting
- Active Shooter Scenario: Evacuation, Hideout & Safety