This is a self-paced course, which allows you to complete the material anytime, from anywhere, and has been approved by the MA Department of Public Safety to meet all requirements for the 6 Hour, Specialty MA Construction Supervisor License renewal. This course was written by an industry expert and has received excessive praise by past customers for being highly engaging and informative. Completion of this course results in immediate access to your "certificate of completion".
1. Module 1 - Code Review (1-hour required, 2-hours proposed)
The following section covers important sections of the 2009 International Building Code and 2009 International Residential Code.
- 2009 International Building Code - Segment 1 - 30- mins.
- 2009 International Residential Code - Segment 2 - 30-mins.
2. Module 2 - Workplace Safety (1-hour required, 1-hour proposed)
The following section will cover current OSHA standards and requirements as applicable to the construction industry.
- OSHA -Standards for the Construction Industry - Segment 3 - 30-mins.
- OSHA -Standards for the Construction Industry - Segment 4 - 30-mins.
3. Module 3 - Business Practices/Workers’ Compensation Insurance (1-hour required, 3-hours proposed)
The following section will cover important business areas;
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Requirements - Segment 5 - 30-mins.
- Basic Contract Content and Development - Segment 6 - 30-mins.
- Managing Contracts and Invoicing - Segment 7 - 30-mins. (Elective)
- Managing and Motivating Employees - Segment 8 - 30-mins. (Elective)
4. Module 4 - Energy (1-hour required, 1-hour proposed)
The following section covers energy efficiency standards and best practices in construction.
- Energy Standards and Best Practices #1 - Segment 9 - 30-mins.
- Energy Standards and Best Practices #2 - Segment 10 - 30-mins.
5. Module 5 - Lead Safe Practices (1-hour required, 1- hour proposed)
The following section covers topics related to lead paint abatement and disposal.
- Lead Safe Practices #1 - Segment 11 - 30-mins.
- Lead Safe Practices #2 - Segment 12 - 30-mins.
MA CSL continuing education is intended to be a refresher course - to keep license holders in-the-know on important industry laws and regulations. The state does not require testing and so neither do we.
We didn't take the cheap route; we paid for a professional reader in a studio to provide you with optional audio narration. No computer voice. No echo. Just a soft, pleasant voice to read to you, if you choose.
Don't have time to finish your course(s) in one sitting? Don't worry about it. Our "bookmark" feature will automatically save your progress down to the exact location - so all you have to do is click "resume" when you're ready to continue on.
Access your course at any time, and experience our custom built Learning Management Software (LMS). To learn more about our LMS, and what it will be like taking our online class, click here
Access your account and complete your course(s) from any Internet-enabled device, any time, any place.
We don't timestamp refund requests. As long as you haven't completed your continuing education course(s), we'll issue you a full refund. No hassle, guaranteed!
You don't need to be a computer expert to use our platform. Our entire site was built with the comprehension that "ease of use" is rule number one. Still, you may decide you want some help, and we are a quick phone call away. We receive a LOT of positive feedback for our customer support, so rest assured, you're in good hands.
It's as cool as it sounds ... setup custom alerts for your licenses and be notified by text or email before your license is going to expire. This feature can be used for any license that you hold.
Coming soon, you will have the option when you enroll in one of our continuing education courses (during checkout) to request that we manage the associated license renewal as well. Enjoy the convenience of managing all tasks/payments in one spot, at no additional cost! (If you select this option, we will collect the state's $100 CSL renewal fee and pass it through with your renewal.)